Lately, I’ve been trying very hard to keep Harley’s teeth nice and clean. I’ve been baking her some homemade dog biscuits for fresh breath, and she loves them. Harley has no idea the benefits that comes with eating her treats.
Benefits of these yummy homemade dog biscuits for fresh breath
- Fresh breath
- Maintain healthy teeth and gums
- Natural healthy treat
- They are yummy and easy to make
- Made with love
These fresh breath dog treats are super easy and quick to make.
First, let me talk to you about teeth and gums.
I’ve been using the Tropiclean teeth gel every night before bed. So far, it’s been going splendidly.
Afer approximately two weeks now, I feel that Harley is finally getting used to the gel, and I will start to introduce a toothbrush.
If your wanting to know more on how I introduced Harley to dental care, I have done a separate post called Dog Dental Care: 5 actionable hygiene tips to do at home. It will help you and your pooch on the way to squeaky clean teeth and gums.
Since Harley has been a good girl lately, I thought I might bake homemade dog biscuits for fresh breath.
As a bonus to me, Harley will know she has been a good girl, and her breath won’t smell. Although, her breath is pretty good, except when she eats fish.
So I feel like this will be a win-win situation.
Let’s get started.
- Doggy Bone Cookie Cutter
- Mixing Bowl
- Set Of Measuring cups/spoons
- Rolling Pin
- Baking Tray and Paper
- 1 1/2 Cups of Oat Flour
- 1 Banana
- 5 Mint Leaves diced
- 1 tbsp Cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until dough like.
- Sprinkle some flour on the bench and using the rolling pin, roll out dough approximately 1.5cm thick.
- Use cookie cutter to cut out the treats and place on baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until a light golden brown.
And there you have it, wasn’t that super easy and quick? It’s a yummy treat to freshen up their breath and make you happy.
I seem to have an ongoing problem. As soon as I try to take a photo of the treats I made for Harley (for you to see how they turned out) Harley insists on double checking and eating a few.
Here’s how that turned out.
Gina and Harley