I must admit, I did have a bit of a laugh at myself for coming up with easy valentines day dog treats. But honestly, I love baking themed treats for Harley. It’s just so much fun. Any excuse really.
These are super crunchy, which is great for their teeth. You can read up on the Dog Dental Care here.
You can make these all year round; I wanted to go for a heart shaped treat to celebrate valentine’s day with my furbaby Harley. Plus, they are safe for us humans to eat too.
Harley’s looking at me as if to say “There is NO WAY you are eating my treats mum.”
Ok, enough babbling let’s get started.
Easy Valentines Day Dog Treats
2 Mixing Bowls
Cookie Cutters – Buy a heart-shaped cookie cutter
Baking Tray Lined with Baking Paper
1 Tbsp Molasses
1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
1 Cup Oat Flour
¼ Cup Oat Flour – To sprinkle on bench
2 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour or Corn Flour
1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries (red themed for Valentines Day) 🙂
1/3 cup of water (just in case the mixture is too dry for you)
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Mix molasses and coconut oil together in a bowl as set aside.
- Combine your oat flour and dried cranberries together in a bowl.
- Then add in the molasses and coconut oil and mix until dough like mixture. You can add some water to help with the mixture.
- Begin adding in your coconut flour or corn flour one Tbsp at a time. You want to thicken up the consistency so that it’s easy to roll and not be too sticky or runny. Add enough until you are happy with the texture.
- Sprinkle some oat flour out on the bench.
- Roll out your dough about 1.5cm thickness and cut out the treats using your chosen cookie cutter.
- Place your treats on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until crisp.
And there you have some yummy valentines day easy dog treat recipe to share with your furbaby.
As I said before they are human-friendly if you wanted to taste one…. Or three for yourself, I won’t tell anybody.
Over to you
Let me know how you went with this valentine’s day dog treat recipe. Did your furbaby enjoy them?
Send me a pic on Facebook; I would love to see what you made.
Gina and Harley